Tuesday 14 December 2010

Thoughts on passion and compassion

It is the same as always: When I don't have the time I am full of ideas and thoughts. Work is getting crazier than ever, I get loads of ideas for articles and and now I have got my new drawing pad Bamboo touch and paint and can hardly contain myself from drawing until late at night. It is really nice and I can use the software which I own already and so far used with a mouse.

Initially the pen felt a bit weird but now it is very comfortable to use. I am not entirely sure, though, why I felt the urge to chose my big bottom as a first trial. Everybody who saw it is now kindly demanding that I deliver the top half as well. I guess it was the more artistic aspect that drove me to that drastic action. I wanted something 'skin & fabric', 'light & shade' with a not too bad contrast. And now I am hoping that I will become really good in this. Would be nice to be able to illustrate my own books, or to be able to sell pictures  to add a bit to charity money. Well, that was the other thing I have been thinking about, charity and what is the difference between compassion and sentiment.

And now I have to make my way through a week of Christmas dinners and the visit of my goddaughter's lovely sister. I will have to see how it goes with the writing and the drawing then. Wishing you nice Christmas shopping and that somebody will find something nice for you as well. 
Love


No comments:

Post a Comment